Historic District Regulations & Certificate of Appropriateness: Watertown, Connecticut (CT)

The Town of Watertown Historic District Commission is charged with issuing Certificates of Appropriateness relative to the towns historic district.

A permit is required for construction of new buildings or structures or remodeling or alterations of exterior features of buildings and structures, which may be viewed from a public street, way, or place. This includes, but is not limited to: roads, driveways, parking areas, curbs, sidewalks, fences, walls, dams, bridges, docks, outdoor fireplaces, tennis courts, utility structures, gazebos, swimming pools, lampposts, monuments, statuary, signs, bill posters, primary buildings, accessory buildings, and any other feature of the built environment.

A permit is not required for repairs or replacement in kind, but a letter would be appreciated. If you have any questions relative to whether your proposed activity requires a Certificate of Appropriateness, please do not hesitate to contact us at (860) 354-9346 so that we may assist you. We also offer full service land use permitting where we handle the entire permitting process from beginning to end.

Watertown Historic District Rules and Regulations
These are the Rules and Regulations as it relates to activities within the Historic District.

If you have any questions regarding the interpretation of a local land use regulation or application or you are interested in working with us on a project, contact us at (860) 354-9346. We look forward to speaking with you!

Back to:
Watertown Building Department Regulations & Application Forms
Watertown Inland Wetlands & Watercourses Regulations & Application Forms:
Watertown Planning & Zoning Regulations & Application Forms:
Watertown Health Department Regulations & Application Forms
Watertown Public Works Regulations & Application Forms
Watertown Zoning Board of Appeals Regulations & Application Forms
Watertown Historic District Regulations & Application Forms

Please note that you should always contact the Town of Watertown to determine if the Regulations and/or application forms have recently changed.