Culvert Analysis

Services: Culvert Analysis & Design

picture of box culvertAre you looking to cross an existing stream, brook, or watercourse with a driveway or road to access a portion of your property? If so, it is important to understand that crossing any form of watercourse requires an Inland Wetlands Permit from your municipality’s Inland Wetlands and Watercourse Commission or Agency. Any potential watercourse crossing should be analyzed in the preliminary planning stages to determine the size and shape of culvert required, as well as, any potential impact that a culvert may have on the the watercourse function and ecology.

Our engineers here at Arthur H. Howland & Associates, P.C. can help you determine if crossing an existing watercourse to access a property is an actual viable option. We provide watershed analyses using the latest software and methodologies to determine the watercourse flows that would be directed to a proposed culvert. Based on the flows determined from the watershed analyses, we are then able to select the appropriate culvert size and shape, as well as, the necessary inlet and outlet stabilization to maintain the continued operation of the watercourse with minimal impact to watercourse biology and ecology.

If you are interested in potentially constructing a watercourse crossing to access a portion of a property that might otherwise be inaccessible or looking to improve an existing culvert, contact us at (860) 354-9346 to discuss solutions for your watercourse crossing needs.

> Go Back to Civil Engineering Services Page