Engineering Regulations & Applications: Torrington, Connecticut (CT)

The Engineering Department is responsible for the following:
1.) Review design elements of all projects, subdivisions and developments proposed in the City
2.) Monitors and inspects construction of City projects or new subdivision streets
3.) Maintains surveys and plans of past projects and streets
4.) Responds to public inquiries
5.) Issues permits for work within the street right of ways

Below please find various application forms for activities which the City of Torrington Engineering Department oversees. If you have any questions relative to whether your proposed activity requires an Engineering permit, please do not hesitate to contact us at (860) 354-9346 so that we may assist you. We also offer full service land use permitting where we handle the entire permitting process from beginning to end.

Application for Right of Way Encroachment Permit
This application for permit is what must be filled out to perform any activity within the City’s right of way including but not limited to driveways, sidewalks and excavation. This is the form that must be filled out for a driveway permit.

Procedures for Right of Way Ordinance
This document is the City Ordinance as it relates to work within the City Right of Way.

Right of Way Excavation Permit Bond
This document is the bonding form which must be completed in order to allow an excavation company to perform work within the City Right of Way.

Sample Certificate of Liability Insurance
This document is a sample of the Certificate of Liability Insurance that is required for any excavator performing work within the Right of Way.

City of Torrington Standard Details
This document shows all of the typical engineering details.

City of Torrington Standard Specifications, Rules & Regulations
This document provides various requirements as it relates to engineering design and construction of improvements in the City of Torrington.

If you have any questions regarding the interpretation of a local land use regulation or application or you are interested in working with us on a project, contact us at (860) 354-9346. We look forward to speaking with you!

Back to:
Torrington Building Department Regulations & Application Forms
Torrington Inland Wetlands & Watercourses Regulations & Application Forms
Torrington Health Department Regulations & Application Forms
Torrington Planning & Zoning Regulations & Application Forms
Torrington Department of Engineering Regulations & Application Forms
Torrington Water Pollution Control Authority Regulations & Application Forms
Torrington Zoning Board of Appeals Regulations & Application Forms

Please note that you should always contact the City of Torrington to determine if the Regulations and/or application forms have recently changed.