Planning Regulations & Applications: Harwinton, Connecticut (CT)

As a courtesy to our current and prospective clients, Arthur H. Howland & Associates, P.C. has made available our collection of the various regulations, guidelines, and application materials pertaining to Inland Wetlands, Planning, Public Works, and Zoning for the Town of Harwinton, Connecticut (CT). This wealth of knowledge can be used to help better your understanding of the local site development plan approvals process and the rules and regulations of the Town of Harwinton that pertain to land use.

Please take a look at the materials pertaining to land use in the Town of Harwinton, Connecticut (CT) in the following list:

Harwinton Subdivision Regulations
Adopted September 30, 1961, last revised July 2, 2007, the Town of Harwinton Subdivision Regulations should be consulted prior to considering a subdivision or resubdivision. The Regulations spell out the requirements relative to splitting your land into multiple building lots.

Harwinton Subdivision Application Form
This is the application form that must be filled out for anyone proposing to subdivide or resubdivide their land. A set of subdivision plans typically consist of a surveysite development planstormwater management plan, andsedimentation and erosion control plan which can all be performed by our office. Please contact us at (860) 354-9346 for more information on how we can help you subdivide your property.

Harwinton Plan of Conservation and Development
The Town of Harwinton Plan of Conservation and Development , adopted 1995, provides a framework of needs, policies, actions and priorities that will guide community decision makers on land-use management, community facilities development, parks and recreation, open space and environmental conservation, transportation and traffic improvement, utilities services and economic development. At least once every ten years the Commission must prepare or amend, and must adopt a Plan of Conservation and Development.

Connecticut Public Act 05-124
This Act states that an applicant cannot file a permit application other than for interior work in an existing building or for exterior work that does not expand or alter the footprint of an existing building if the subject property is encumbered by a conservation restriction or preservation restriction. Please read the above Act fully to ensure that your permit will not be unnecessarily overturned if it is to be appealed.

If you have any questions regarding the interpretation of a local land use regulation or application or you are interested in working with us on a project, contact us at (860) 354-9346. We look forward to speaking with you!

Back to:
Harwinton Building Department Regulations & Application Forms
Harwinton Inland Wetlands & Watercourses Regulations & Application Forms:
Harwinton Zoning Regulations & Application Forms:
Harwinton Health Department Regulations & Application Forms
Harwinton Water Pollution Control Authority Regulations & Application Forms
Harwinton Planning Regulations & Application Forms
Harwinton Zoning Board of Appeals Regulations & Application Forms

Please note that you should always contact the Town of Harwinton to determine if the Regulations and/or application forms have recently changed.