WPCA Regulations & Applications: Harwinton, Connecticut (CT)

The purpose of the WPCA Commission is to guide the growth and development of the Town of Harwinton so as to promote beneficial and convenient relationships among residential, commercial, industrial and public areas within the town in accordance with Section 8 of the Connecticut General Statutes and the Town of Harwinton WPCA Regulations. WPCA is responsible for the issuance of permits related to commercial and industrial projects as well as additions or accessory structures.

Permits are typically required for: new buildings, structures and accessory structures, home occupations, signs, tennis and other sports courts, swimming pools, fences, patios, decks, remodeling that will change a buildings use, proposed uses of existing and proposed buildings and properties, such as commercial and industrial uses.

Below please find various application forms and the actual Town of Harwinton WPCA Regulations. If you have any questions relative to whether your proposed activity requires a zoning permit, please do not hesitate to contact us at (860) 354-9346 so that we may assist you. We also offer full service land use permitting where we handle the entire permitting process from beginning to end.

Harwinton WPCA Sewer Use Rules & Regulations
These Regulations guide the use of public sewers in the Town of Harwinton.

Connecticut Public Act 05-124
This Act states that an applicant cannot file a permit application other than for interior work in an existing building or for exterior work that does not expand or alter the footprint of an existing building if the subject property is encumbered by a conservation restriction or preservation restriction. Please read the above Act fully to ensure that your permit will not be unnecessarily overturned if it is to be appealed.

If you have any questions regarding the interpretation of a local land use regulation or application or you are interested in working with us on a project, contact us at (860) 354-9346. We look forward to speaking with you!

Back to:
Harwinton Building Department Regulations & Application Forms
Harwinton Inland Wetlands & Watercourses Regulations & Application Forms:
Harwinton WPCA Regulations & Application Forms:
Harwinton Health Department Regulations & Application Forms
Harwinton Water Pollution Control Authority Regulations & Application Forms
Harwinton Planning Regulations & Application Forms
Harwinton WPCA Board of Appeals Regulations & Application Forms

Please note that you should always contact the Town of Harwinton to determine if the Regulations and/or application forms have recently changed.